Google sitemaps have a number of benefits but essentially they allow you to
tell Google about the files in your website and improve their visibility.
Below you can find some basic information about google sitemaps however to
find out more you should visit Google's
Google sitemap benefits?
Google sitemaps have a number of benefits including :
- Help improve your search engine ranking and url visibility.
- Ensure Google is aware of all your pages
- Tell Google more about the nature of your pages.
- Allows google to give you detailed reports about your website in the Google
search engine and identify potential problems.
What Google sitemaps contain
Google sitemaps are currently store the following information
- File locations (mandatory)
- When they were last updated (optional)
- How often they were updated (optional)
- The importance of each page within your site (optional)
Free HTML and Google XML Sitemap Generator.